Since its founding, Pure Mission has depended on the energy and support of short-term teams from around the US to build the Kingdom in Malawi. We’ve had teams conduct medical clinics for thousands, lead entire villages to Christ, work on construction projects and help teach the love of Jesus to the children and widows of Esther’s House. We work with team leaders to customize every trip to the desires and talents of the team. We also provide you with state-of-the-art trip management and fundraising tools to streamline your pre-departure process. Above all, we strive to build long-lasting relationships between US churches and our community here in Madzanje.
Types of Team Activities: Depending on the size and skillsets of your team, you may be able to serve in one or more of the following ways:
- Evangelism: door-to-door evangelism in villages, sharing the Jesus film, sharing personal testimonies, laying groundwork for church planting. All teams will take part in evangelism to some degree.
- Medical: If you are able to gather a team with medical expertise, you can hold a 4-day medical clinic for the widows, children and missionaries of Esther’s House
- Construction: We always have at least one project under construction that could use a burst of extra hands. No experience is needed, but please note that this will be physically demanding and is not right for all teams or team members
- Pastor’s conference: Young pastors in Malawi are thirsty for fellowship and opportunities to learn from each other. Pure Mission organizes 1-2 pastors’ conferences a year. If your church would like to take part in one, let us know
- Orphan and widow ministry: Planning activities and games for the children, teaching Sunday School classes, teaching the widows’ Bible Study classes, visiting the widows in their homes, etc. All teams will take part in orphan and widow ministry.
Trip Lengths and Costs:
We will book your journey for you and make all the necessary arrangements, based on your team’s preferences. Our recommended trip length 10-12 days long, including 1 rest and debrief day and 2-3 travel days. A trip of this length costs $1,300 per person, in addition to the cost of airfare, which can vary depending on the time of year. This fee covers all transportation, security, housing, translators, food and visa costs. It does not cover optional leisure activities, such as a safari game drive, or souvenir purchases.
What we provide:
We provide pre-departure training materials for you and your team, as well as an optional devotional book for you to use while in-country. We will make all the travel arrangements, including flights, transit hotels (if necessary), airport pickup and drop-off and in-country accommodations. We also provide team management and fundraising software to make the pre-departure process as simple as possible for you!